“I travel and climb about eight months a year. That's pretty great training in itself. When I am home, I do a lot of bouldering, gym climbing, and specific strength training in an effort to get stronger for climbing.”
- C+L Athlete Tommy Caldwell
“Recovery is the key in training. The more you train, the more tired you will be. The better recovery, the less tired you will, the more you will train and ultimately, the more of a champion you will be.”
- C+L Athlete, climber Adam Ondra
There are many reasons to add CBD to your climbing regimen:
- CBD can reduce anxiety and stress. Climbing includes plenty of high pressure- situations. CBD can help climbers deal with anxiety and stress by increasing serotonin levels in the brain, which is a chemical messenger that promotes the feelings of calmness, happiness, and well-being.
- CBD has been shown to improve sleep quality. Climbers are often exhausted after a long day of training and can have trouble winding down when preparing for tomorrow’s ascent. CBD has been shown to help regulate sleep patterns and support your body’s natural circadian rhythms.
- CBD can help decrease pain from arthritis. No way around it, climbing takes its toll on joints and tendons, and can cause the onset of arthritis, especially if you overdo it or are injured while still relatively young.
- CBD has been shown to help reduce inflammation. Most climbers dread developing “climber’s elbow,” reminiscent of “tennis elbow” or “golfer’s elbow.” Climbers elbow, or lateral epicondylitis, is an inflammation of the tendons that join the forearm muscles on the outside of the elbow. Trigger finger is another common injury, occurring when the flexor tendon becomes irritated and inflamed, eventually creating nodules that make it difficult for the joint to bend and straighten. Because climbers use motions that include repetitive gripping and lifting, these are common overuse injuries, often treated with rest, ice and Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- CBD is a safer alternative than repeatedly taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Unlike regularly popping ibuprofen, naproxen or high dose aspirin, taking CBD won’t potentially put you at risk for kidney damage. CBD works by interacting with your body’s endocannabinoid system, responsible for maintaining a sense of balance, which affects your mood and perception of pain.
The Champions + Legends lineup of CBD tools integrate seamlessly into a climber’s training, with softgels or tinctures to get that pain and inflammation under control, and muscle rubs for rapid relief.
A big advantage of using CBD for climbers is helping with rest and recovery to make sure they are ready for tomorrow’s ascent - and the reduction of pain and inflammation plays a big part. Our full-spectrum CBD products are holistically effective, addressing all aspects of training, giving you the tools you need to make every grip count. No matter what peak you’re reaching for.